1. Glenelg Holiday Home and the Glenelg Holiday Home Company (Hereafter known as GHH), accepts no responsibility for personal injury to the Booking agent, their client and/or his/her invitees (jointly known as "the Customer(s)"), or loss of or consequential loss or damage to the property, or for other matters over which GHH has no control which includes all weather related and unforeseen incidents.
2. No booking is valid until GHH confirms it by email or in writing to the customer(s) and will be granted in block weeks (1 block week consists of Saturday from 4pm to the following Saturday at 10am, unless otherwise stated.
3 .This agreement is made on the basis that the property (GHH) is to be occupied by the customer(s) for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the customer(s) acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends. The property can be accessed at 4pm on the Saturday start date of your block and must be vacated by 10am on the last day of your block. Unfortunately due to the size of the house to be serviced, this is not negotiable unless otherwise stated.
4 .A deposit of 30% of the total cost of the holiday ("Deposit") must accompany the booking request. This deposit may be returnable, (minus a small admin fee, typically £5) if good reason is submitted in writing by the customer(s). This is entirely of the discretion of GHH. We strongly advise that the appropriate holiday cancellation insurance is put in place before booking any dates with us.
Once the booking is confirmed, the balance of the holiday must be paid within 30 days of the original booking by the customer(s). Also required is a security deposit. If the balance and security deposit is not paid within the 30 days, GHH reserves the right to re-let for the particular block that was originally booked (see above)
5. A £250 fully returnable security deposit will be requested. This will be returned if all of the changeover criteria is met. Our changeover criteria can be seen in clause 13. Any claim on your security deposit will be fully invoiced to you with photographic evidence and you will have the right to submit an appeal in writing if you have any dispute about the amount retained.
6 .In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable for any unforeseen circumstance, GHH will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or GHH will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
7. A Guest requiring a booking to be altered to another block once the booking has been confirmed can do so if the requested block is available. This will incur a £5 charge If the requested block is not available then clause 4 will take effect.
8 .We welcome guide dogs and pets but all pets must be confirmed at the time of booking. We have a strict 2 dog policy as we live in a rural sheep farming area. Responsible pet ownership is a must and if the 2 dog policy is to be extended, this must be applied for at the time of booking. GHH reserve the right to refuse any pets from the booking if suitability is not met. GHH accepts no responsibility to any damage, injury or death to third party assets or livestock caused by customer(s) dogs. GHH reserves the right to claim from the security deposit, any compensation sought by a third party. GHH also accepts no responsibility for pets injured or killed due to neglect by owners and/or any unforeseen circumstances. Responsible dog ownership has the following criteria;
All dogs must be under the control of the owner at all times. Sheep farmers in the area have been known in some circumstances, to shoot dogs worrying sheep so please be warned.
All fouling deposited in any area of the house or grounds must be removed immediately. Any dog fouling found during the changeover will be subject to a removal charge.
Pet owners must bring the pets own bedding. Animals are strictly forbidden on GHH beds, lounge and dining room furniture and any soft furnishings. Pet hairs found on any furniture will be subject to a cleaning charge.
Pets should never be left alone in the property at any time. Any damage caused by pets should be reported to GHH as soon as possible.
Pets should always be up to date with injections and immunities. If any fleas or parasites are found at the changeover then the cost of fumigation will be retained from the security deposit.
9. The customer(s) shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of their block, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The customer(s) must report any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy. GHH reserve the right to make a claim on the security deposit for any damage to fixtures, furniture, floors, doors, walls and any breakages, loss or theft of any items from the house. There is a strict smoke free policy for the house and all smoking products must be used outside the property. Where guests have contravened GHH request for the property to be smoke free, a charge for heavy cleaning will be applied to remove the damage caused by smoke, matches, lighters etc.
10. Customer(s) may be asked to leave the property early. Customer(s) asked to leave early will not be entitled to any refund of unused days. This could be due to the following circumstances;
More than 10 guests are staying in the property at any one time.
Unregistered or extra pets are in the property
Damage or wilful neglect of the house is taking place.
Any member of the customer(s) party is arrested for an offence involved with the house.
GHH discovers criminal activity is occurring at the house.
11. Complaints can be made in writing by email or post to the point of contact on our booking page. GHH will endeavour to answer any complaints as soon as possible.
12. GHH reserve the right to visit the property during your stay. A visit to the property will be followed only after sufficient notice has been given to the customer(s). Any visit will normally be only for emergency purposes.
13. Our handback criteria is as follows;
All breakages and/or damage must be reported to GHH as soon as reasonably possible.
The house should be left in the condition it was found in.
Pets must not have been on any furniture and any fouling must be cleared up and the area cleaned.
Any damage or theft to itinerated items will be charged accordingly. An invoice will be created if any claim is to be made on the security deposit.
14. We reserve the right to claim for damage and/or loss to our property through accident or negligence by the customer(s) The booking conditions will apply to all bookings without exception.
15. Our free WiFi is subject to the terms and conditions of the Glenelg and Arnisdale Development Trust. There is a fair usage policy to ensure that the WiFi is shared equally amongst all users. Guests are asked not to download large files whilst using the free WiFi at the house.